Evaluation of the Child Protection Scheme of Income Management in Western Australia
The Evaluation of the Child Protection Scheme of Income Management (CPSIM) in Western Australia (WA) is being undertaken by the Australian Government Department of Social Services (DSS), the WA Department of Child Protection (WA DCP) and the Australian Government Department of Human Services (DHS).
AIFS has been contracted by DSS in an advisory role to review methodology, provide independent advice and feedback and comment on the analysis and the final report.
The evaluation is based on:
- Administrative data from DHS (Centrelink), Money Management Service providers and WA DCP;
- A case file review of current and former CP IM clients and a comparison group of non income managed WA DCP clients;
- Depth interviews with 40-60 CP IM clients and former clients; and
- In depth interviews with intermediaries (DHS (Centrelink), Money Management Service Providers and WA DCP).
Fieldwork was conducted in Perth, Broome and Kununurra between May and September 2012.
A final DSS report is due for release in late 2013.
- Project Duration: 29 March to February 2013
- Funding source(s): Department of Social Services
- Partner organisation(s): Evaluation of the New Scheme of Income Management in the Northern Territory