With the completion of the 2000-2004 Strategy, Stronger Families Learning Exchange's (SFLEX) work has also come to an end. From July 2005 this site will no longer be updated but preserved as an archived part of the AIFS website which may not meet the latest accessibility standards. If you are unable to access content in this archive please contact us and we will endeavour to provide it in a format that you can use. Current information relating to working with families and disadvantaged communities can be found on the Child Family Community Australia information exchange.
Bulletin no.7 Spring 2005
© Australian Institute of Family Studies. ISSN 1446-8549
This is the seventh and final Bulletin in this series from the Stronger Families Learning Exchange.
You can download the full Bulletin no.7 (PDF 941 KB) or access sections as listed below.
For PDF files you will need Acrobat Reader, available free from the Adobe website.
- Editorial - Stronger Families Learning Exchange - the final Bulletin HTML | PDF (91 KB)
- The Stronger Families and Communities Strategy: Communities for Children initiative HTML | PDF (74 KB)
- 'Nice Noise': parent education and playgroups / Colleen Turner and Katrina Bredhauer HTML | PDF (93 KB)
- Being an insider and/or an outsider / Maya Haviland, Kelley Johnson, Liz Orr and Tania Lienert HTML | PDF (96 KB)
- Family-centred practice: an evaluation of an early childhood intervention service / Scope - Statewide Specialist Service HTML | PDF (89 KB)
- Parents and kids together: supporting families early / Shona Gates and Damian Stolp HTML | PDF (121 KB)
- Talking realities ... young parenting: a peer education program / Nicoline Kovatseff and Tracy Power HTML | PDF (154 KB)
- Introducing new Stronger Families and Communities strategy projects HTML | PDF (126 KB)
Collingwood Community Centre, Vic
Through the Looking Glass Project, Noarlunga, SA
Healthy Start: a national strategy for children of parents with learning difficulties, Victorian Parenting Centre and University of Sydney
Rural Beginnings Project, Wagga, Wagga, NSW
- Updating Stronger Families and Communities projects HTML | PDF (277 KB)
Community Connections - Chances for Children Project, Waverley, Tas
Creating Capable Communities: from foundations to sustainable solutions, Bayside suburbs, Melbourne
Families and Communities Enhancement Team (FACET), South West Brisbane, Qld
Quality Relationships Alliance, Mandurah, WA
Mukulyanytjulu Walkumunu Kanyinma: Looking After Everyone We Love Really Well, Ngaanyatjarra Lands, Central Australia
Minto Under 12s Project, Minto, NSW
Promoting Family Wellness in the Spanish Speaking Community of Victoria, Cities of Brimbank and Hume, Vic
Strengthening Mining Families in the Eastern Goldfields, Kalgoorlie-Boulder, WA
- Literature highlights / compiled by Joan Kelleher PDF (110 KB) See also the AIFS Library Catalogue
- Conferences HTML (current Online list)