Australian Institute of Family Studies
Delivering quality research on family wellbeing
Child Custody Evaluations and Domestic Violence: New Research and Implications for Practice
Professor Daniel Saunders
Thursday 30 April
Data Linkage Integrating Authority
AIFS is now an accredited Data Linkage Integrating Authority. This means the Institute is authorised to undertake data integration projects involving Commonwealth data for statistical and research purposes.
- Family Wellbeing Study
- The Role of Family in Australian Defence Force Member Rehabilitation
- Beyond 18: Longitudinal Study on Leaving Care - New surveys for out-of-home care caseworkers and carers on Victoria are now live.
- New projects - AIFS is leading two new research projects funded under the inaugural grant round of Australia's National Research Organisation for Women's Safety (ANROWS).
- Families and Children Activity expert panel
- Child sexual abuse research - resources and information
- Past adoption and forced family separation
- Imputing income in the Longitudinal Study of Australian Children [PDF 1.3 MB] | [Word 2.8 MB]
This LSAC Technical paper aims to impute missing income data for Parent 1 and Parent 2 using the approach developed for another longitudinal study - the Household, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia survey (HILDA).
Keeping up with information and communication technology
This Australian Family Trends paper investigates the use of this technology by different population groups, and the extent to which they feel they're not keeping up with modern technology or were worried they'll be left behind in the future.
- Family Matters 95: Coming of age: Australia's flagship longitudinal studies
This issue of Family Matters presents a range of articles describing longitudinal studies being conducted on families and family wellbeing.
- Families, policy and the law: Selected essays on contemporary issues for Australia
This AIFS book seeks to explore some of the complexities that confront both those who frame social policy and those involved in the legal systems that intersect with child and family issues.